A lovely Interview with Kim Nugent, Hair Stylist Extraordinaire

Sometimes we meet people who are true wonder-workers, and my boudoir business heavily relies on the expertise and legit magic ability of hair stylist Kim Nugent! Please read on for a heart-warming and insightful look into our wonderful hairdresser Kim!

Q: How did you get your start in hairdressing?


A: Since I was little I always wanted to get into hairstyling. I didnt like the school in lethbridge, so I moved to Red Deer to attend the Marvel College for my cosmetology degree. I worked at the salon that I did my work experience at, I entered some competitions throughout my career as well, to keep up with the artistic side of things. When I moved back down to Lethbridge, and had another baby, I decided to go home-based. That's pretty much where I am at now!

Boudoir Photographer Lethbridge
A lovely hairstyle by Kim Nugent 

Q: What inspires you to be a hairdresser? 

A: I am inspired by everyday people. I love when what I do makes a difference in peoples lives. When someone comes to me, and I'm able to make their day better by giving them a style they love, or being able to help boost someones confidence when they need it the most. I remember the first client I had that gave me a new appreciation for what I do. She was a younger girl, maybe in her early teens. When I was done her color/cut/style, she started to cry...I right away thought I did something wrong, and asked her if there was anything I could change to make her  happy and she stopped me and said, "This is the first time in my entire life I have felt beautiful." It was an amazing feeling.

Q: Where do you find your inspiration for the boudoir shoot hair styling?

A: When I look at a girl and ask what style of lingerie they will be wearing, and as I talk to them and get a feeling for their personality, I try to envision a style that will suit them specifically.  And besides that, I draw a lot of my inspiration from the 20's-50's. 

Lethbridge Boudoir Photography
A gorgeous short curled style by Kim Nugent

Q: What is your favorite hair style?

A: I love pin-up classic styles.

Q: What tips do you have for girls going in for a boudoir shoot about their hair?

A: Come with clean, day-old hair, wear a button up shirt to be sure you don't mess your style up as you change outfits. You can also take a comb or just your fingers and press under and into the backcombing to lift the hair up to create volume if your hair falls a little flat.
And please let me know if there is something you would like changed or something specific you do not want. You are paying me for the service, and you should love what you walk out the door with! I love when a client can open up to me about what specifically they do or do not want so I can create a hairstyle that makes them feel beautiful and confident! 

Lethbridge Boudoir Photographer
Amazing Headband Braid & Curl by Kim Nugent


Q: What are your favourite hair products?

A: I use and love all Matrix products and I also use Sebastian products. Dust Me works amazing to create volume and texture to make backcombing and curls stand well against the wind. 

Q: What services do you offer besides boudoir?

A: I am a full service salon. Color, cuts, wet styles, dry styles, updos, weddings, and perms.  I also do facial and body waxing.

Thank you so much to Kim Nugent, and if you'd like to book your own spot with Kim you can find her here! She books up quickly so call today to make sure you get in! 

Coming soon: an interview with our fabulous make-up artist Lindsay! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About