7 Deadly Sins: Gluttony

In continuing with our fun 7 Deadly Sins Series we've got Gluttony on the blog today!! 

Gluttony (Latin: gula), derived from the Latin gluttire meaning to gulp down or swallow, means over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or wealth items to the point of extravagance or waste.

Gluttony was a difficult sin to capture, but I think Katt Panic really did a fantastic job of hair and make-up with this Marie Antoinette inspired shoot! She really made this particular sin her own! I think as women we are constantly faced with the sin of gluttony, you can look all around you to see evidence of this. "Don't eat too much, don't drink too much, don't work too hard, don't climb the corporate ladder too high, don't invest too much of your time into yourself, don't be too much." It's an easy sin to succumb to, and an even easier sin to feel guilty about, but it's not necessarily something negative to be ashamed of.


Being gluttonous has had connotations of negativity all throughout history, including with the famed Marie Antoinette, but sometimes it's all about your perspective. I think as women today we need to ask ourselves why we are doing something: why are we working so hard, why are we climbing the ladder, why are we trying to be so much? If the answer is because it's making us better, or because it's taking us closer to our goals, then perhaps it really isn't so bad after all. We have to assess if what we're doing is actually gluttonous or not, and how that effects us both positively and negatively.


Miss T, our model for Gluttony, also added in:


"Being asked to be part of such an interesting photo shoot opportunity was a big honour. The idea of being grouped with other women that already had modelling experience and confidence made me a little hesitant to take part at first, but I decided to take the plunge. The concept of using the 7 Deadly Sins as a focal point for the shoot was very tantalizing as so many of them can be seen in society today. But rather than looking to today, I chose to look back to find my inspiration.


When I was asked to take part in this photo shoot it was a hard choice of what sin to choose. When Katt suggested Marie Antoinette as a style for gluttony I knew how perfect it could be. The way the royals lived was such an iconic example of this Gluttony, and in the case of many monarchs, truly was deadly. Watching the movie really influenced my wardrobe and prop decisions in that I wanted to mimic the regal style of that time period in France, and her famous quote of ‘Let them eat cake’ made it easy to work in cupcakes as part of the scene.
         

The actual photo shoot was such an amazing experience. I was quite nervous about being in front of the camera in a boudoir setting (honestly, what woman wouldn't be?), but getting to spend time with both Katt and Katie really made me feel comfortable in a short period of time. They had a clear vision that they were able to instill in my mind. As the shoot progressed, I began to realize that I was actually having a lot of fun taking on a different persona and being able to do something so far out of my comfort zone. By the end of the day my confidence in myself was boosted after seeing the wonderful photographs Katie took. Every woman should get to feel that beautiful even just once in their life." 






If you have a fun and unique idea for a photo session, please contact us at kpphotoblog@gmail.com ! Stay tuned, we still have 5 Sins to go!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About