7 Deadly Sins: Greed

Our next instalment of the 7 Deadly Sins Series is Greed! Miss J rocked this session, she literally hand cut all of those 1 dollar bills that she printed, what dedication! Hair & Make-up by the Rock Star Katt Panic! Here is Miss Greed's take on her sin: 
Greed - The inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. As secular psychological concept, greed is, similarly, an inordinate desire to acquire or possess more than one needs. Erich Fromm described greed as "a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.and it is typically used to criticize those who seek excessive material wealth.
 The purpose for greed, and any actions associated with it, is possibly to deprive others of potential means or future opportunities accordingly. Alternatively, the purpose could be defence or counteraction from dangerous and potential leverage.  A consequence of greedy activity, at least in my case, is the inability to sustain any of the costs or burdens associated with that which has been or is being accumulated, leading to a backfire or destruction.

For starters, greed is something I have never been ashamed of, though I was always told that I should be. I grew up in an upper-middle-class family with little-to-no want not met, yet I have always yearned for more. I know this sounds callous and inconsiderate, but it really hasn't failed me yet. Greed has made me work, and usually overwork, so that I can almost afford all the things that I want. It is definitely a struggle to make the funds to foot the bill for my ridiculous life, which has left me in a bit of debt. I shop, eat, drink and generally spend money to extent. I have created this horrible habit of living beyond my means, but I refuse to sacrifice the things I love just because I might not be able to pay for things up front. Maybe its tacky or extravagant to want to be surrounded by things that I love, but tell me, who really wants to be surrounded by garbage.

 

Deciding on the Great Gatsby theme really helped my feelings about greed come full circle because extravagance was a way of life for some people in the early 1900s. These past couple weeks have left me enthralled in the culture of that time. I chose fur, pearls, silk, lace, and money to express the extravagance of the Great Gatsby and the greed filled lifestyle of the early 1900s. Going into the shoot I felt a little uneasy, but let me tell you that dressing to the nines and decking yourself out in pearls and fur really clears that up quick. Not to mention having your hair and makeup done extravagantly helps your confidence a bit. Katt and Katie both did a wonderful job at making me look and feel amazingly beautiful and confident, which is the key to the amazing turnout of the photographs. I cant speak their praise enough for helping to bring out the sultry goddess of greed within me!

If you have a fun idea for a shoot and would like to see it come to life, contact us at kpphotoblog@gmail.com !


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About