Nixi's Tattoo Boudoir Session at Alberta Ink

A few weeks ago I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Nixi, a local tattoo artist stationed at Alberta Ink. Her work is divine, you can check her out on Instagram @Nixxik if you'd like to see the tattoos she creates. We began planning her boudoir session, and I suggested we photograph her on location at Alberta Ink, and she was totally down! YAY, I could barely contain my excitement!!

Firstly let me just say a big thank you to Alberta Ink for letting me shoot there, it's an incredible space, with gorgeous light, and served as a beautiful backdrop for this boudoir session. But secondly, Nixi is a stone cold fox, and she just lit this space up! I was so excited when I walked into this space to shoot because I just knew we were going to make magic happen that day. With a girl this stunning, and a location this cool, this session was going to be awesome, guaranteed!    



If you've never been into Alberta Ink, it's an expansive studio space, with two large windows on one end, exposed brick walls, hardwood floors, and lots and lots of tattoo equipment. It was seriously the perfect location to photograph a tattoo artist in, and what better place to start than on her own chair!




Alberta Ink also has some really fun bi-folding walls, so I incorporated that into her session as well. I absolutely love this shot below, it really expresses what boudoir means to me: it's not about baring it all, it's the idea that you could bare it all, but you choose when, and how much. It's about the power of being provocative on your own terms. It's about owning your sexy side!  



OMG That body suit though ! I love it!



Nixi is also a huge animal rights activist, and it was really important to her to wear her Animal Liberation, Human Liberation vest from PETA during her session as the issue is so near and dear to her heart. She has a big heart for all animals, and has even recently rescued a mama pup and her puppies from abandonment! 



The awesome thing about photographing a tattoo artist is that generally they also have a lot of tattoos, and photographing beautiful detail shots is one of my favourite things to do. I love all the artwork she has on her body, each piece is so unique, and so stunning! 





I love shooting on location because I get to be so creative in my posing and it affords me the opportunity to create new poses, and to create new art! If you're in the market for a tattoo, I highly recommend Nixi as she's such a talented artist - go follow her on Instagram @Nixxik to see her work, or follow @thealbertaink to see what all the artists at the shop get up to! I currently have four tattoos from Nixi, and can not wait to get some more! Want to see what I have for tattoos? Follow me on Instagram @katiepaharaboudoir to check them out!

Hair & Make-up for Nixi's session by yours truly. If you've got an idea for an on-location shoot, contact me HERE to start planning the boudoir session of your dreams, wherever that might be!

Subscribe to my blog for more interesting tidbits about boudoir, tips and tricks for your session, and boudoir stories from past clients!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About